Wild Fruit Sorbet August 01 2018
Another fabulous recipe from Fabios Gelato… a do it yourself vegan dessert just for adults. Why not add some extra fresh berries.
• Pour boiling water over the sugar in a jug and stir until dissolve and leave to cool.
• Blend the sugar syrup and fruit together and mix 500ml of cider with the fruit sugar syrup.
• At this point you should follow the directions for your ice cream maker. Or, if you don’t have an ice cream maker you can pour the mixture into an empty freezer-safe shallow bowl or pan. Anything stainless steel works well here. Avoid any material that might shatter.
• Put the container into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. Once the edges start to freeze, take out the mixture and beat it using a hand mixer/fork. Every 30 minutes or so, take it back out and beat the cider sorbet again. Repeat until it is firmly frozen, (usually around four or five mixing sessions).
• Store the cider sorbet in a covered freezer container until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.fabgelato.com