Vegan Toffee Apple Cider Sorbet November 15 2018
Tempt your taste buds with this awesome adults only dessert, thanks to Fabios Gelato. Our new Toffee Apple 330ml cans are now available from selected Tesco stores.
• Pour boiling water over the sugar in a jug and stir until dissolved.
• Leave to let cool.
• Blend the sugar syrup and cinnamon together.
• Mix all of the cider with the sugar syrup.
• At this point you should follow the directions for your ice cream maker. Or, if you don’t have an ice cream maker you can pour the mixture into an empty freezer-safe shallow bowl or pan. Anything stainless steel works well here. Avoid any material that might shatter.
• Put the container into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. Once the edges start to freeze, take out the mixture and beat it using a hand mixer/fork.
• Every 30 minutes or so, take it back out and beat the cider sorbet again.
• Repeat until it is firmly frozen, usually around four or five mixing sessions.
• On the very last mix, drizzle in some toffee and ripple gently into the sorbet. DO NOT mix in fully leave in chunks & swirls.
• Store the cider sorbet in a covered freezer container until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.fabgelato.com