Toffee Apple Crumble September 24 2018
Toffee Apple Crumble
• Peel, core and slice apples, add ½ bottle toffee apple cider, retain a small amount for sprinkling on top of crumble.
• Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and put onto heat to soften apples and reduce liquid.
• Mix dry ingredients, butter, sugars, self-raising flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg together to
• Form fine breadcrumbs and start to slightly stick together.
• Pour the apples with juice into a pie dish and top with the crumble mix, sprinkle over a few drops off the left over Toffee Apple cider.
• Cook in oven for 30-40 minutes on gas mark 5 until centre is firm to the touch.
• Take out and cool and if wanted sieve over a small amount of icing sugar.